Tuesday, June 22, 2010

21w5d

So. 21w5d into this pregnancy, and I am officially boring. For which I am grateful, on the one hand - I don't need any more pregnancy-related excitement than I've had over the past four years - but it does make for a fairly uninteresting blog.

I continue to have a little morning sickness now and again, even despite the drugs, but it's infinitely better than those first months. Baby is moving around and kicking a fair amount, and my husband felt it for the first time on Friday: his first Father's Day present.

I definitely look pregnant now, which is a weird place to be: fun, on the one hand, and freakishly public, on the other. Sometimes I wish I could wear a t-shirt that says something like, "don't hate me; I endured infertility to get here," because I think about all the pregnant women I shot evil looks at (mostly internally, but still), and it hurts my heart to think that I might be that pregnant woman for someone who's still enduring the fertility battle. But, you can't fix everything. Might as well learn that now.

Being obviously pregnant also increases the "unwanted advice and stories" shared with me, especially at church. Someday, I will be able to walk into a room and talk about something besides childbirth and babies, but not for awhile. Note to self: should self have a terrible birth experience, remember that pregnant women DO NOT WANT TO HEAR ABOUT THAT. Remember this for later.

I have to pee. All. the. time.

And thus endeth the story of my current life. Eat; pee. Sleep; get up to pee. Forget what I was saying in the middle of a sentence; pee.

Next week: adventures in registering for baby gift items. I'm pretty sure there will be something bloggable there.

5 comments:

  1. I have wanted a shirt like that too, so that I am not the object of some poor girl's hatred. And I want to hide my belly in front of my friends who are still enduring infertility. Glad you're having a boring pregnancy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.cafepress.com/+ivf+womens-maternity

    maybe you can find one here :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boring is good! I'm about 3 weeks behind you and can't wait to really feel the baby! I know what you mean about wanting a shirt, I can't help but wonder when I get strange looks from women or longer stares than normal if they're going through IF...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you on the peeing, it's been awful for me, I'm up 4-5x's a night!!! I feel the same way about people not knowing how hard it was for you to get to this point, we just never know someone else's journey by simply looking at them & judging. Hard not to though at times! Have fun registering, it's a blast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boring is excellent!

    I considered a shirt (for myself) and/or a onesie (for baby) that said "Long Term Project"

    ReplyDelete